Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content


Money at School


Periodically, money needs to be brought to school for such things as Meal Deals, Book Club, books and excursions.  Please ensure that all money is brought to school in an envelope with the child’s NAME, AMOUNT and PURPOSE clearly written on the envelope.  Money should not be left in school bags or desks, as it is easily stolen. Clothes with zipped pockets are best for children to carry money.  Parents may be contacted if a child has more money than can be reasonably expected at school.
Please try to have the right money, as the office does not keep change on the premises. EFTPOS  is available for payment of school related activities.  Please note this method of payment is not available to pay for items purchased from the  P&C uniform and stationery shop.
BPOINT is the schools prefered online payment system which provides parents with a secure and efficient method of paying invoices issued by our school.
Payments can also be made by direct deposit into the School Bank Account:
Bank:                  Commonwealth Bank of Australia
BSB:                   064 118
Account Number: 00090345


Centrepay is a bill paying service, free for Centrelink customers, through which deductions can be made from a customer’s payment directly to your business. If you are interested in using this service for Mount Gravatt East State School please enquire at the office.

Voluntary Contributions


After discussions with the P&C Association and a supported motion at the General Meeting on 18 April, it was decided that we ask families to consider supporting our request for a Voluntary Contribution. These funds would provide support our teachers and students in the learning and teaching of the Australian Curriculum

In 2017, we currently have 221 families and 276 students enrolled at our school. If we received $50 towards the Voluntary Contribution from every family at our school, this would equate to $11 050 raised.  For more information regarding the Voluntary Contribution please refer to the Voluntary Contribution Information Sheet. (PDF, 214 KB) and Voluntary Contribution (PDF, 234)

Refund Guidelines


At Mount Gravatt East State School, we are committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for students, staff and volunteers. This commitment includes the health and safety of staff and students when conducting curriculum activities in the school or in other locations.

School excursions and camps enhance a student’s learning by providing opportunities for the student to participate in activities, both curriculum-related and recreational, outside the normal school routine. All planned school excursions are approved by the Principal and endorsed by the Parents and Citizens Association.

State schools are able to charge a fee for:

  • an educational service including materials and consumables not defined as instruction, administration and facilities for the education of the student
  • an education service purchased from a provider other than the school where the provider charges the school and
  • a specialised educational program.


A school fee is directed to the purpose for which it is charged.

School fees for extra-curricular activities are calculated on a cost recovery only basis, according to the number of students who have indicated their attendance.

Participation of students in an extra-curricular activity is indicated through payment of the fee and provision of a permission form completed by the parent.

As the school budget cannot meet any shortfalls in funding for an extra-curricular activity due to the subsequent non-participation of a student who had previously indicated attendance of the activity, fees already paid for an extra-curricular activity may be refunded in full or in part or not at all, having regard to the associated expenses incurred and the circumstances of the non-participation.

If a parent wishes to apply for a refund due to their child’s non-participation in an extra-curricular activity, they may do so by completing a Request for Refund form available from the school office. Where possible, the request should include the receipt relating to the payment for which a refund is being sought.

It is preferred that refunds be made as a credit against the student’s account at the school, and used to offset any future charges.